自制pico de gallomade with simple, fresh ingredients! This addicting fresh salsa has a spicy kick to it. Learn how to make authentic pico de gallo with this easy recipe!
If you’re gonna make fresh pico de gallo then you need the “whole” gang:Try my CreamyWhite Queso Dip（用真正的奶酪制作）和Best Guacamoleyou’ll ever have! Serve them all with tortilla chips andthis Easy Margarita recipe.
An Easy Homemade Pico de Gallo Recipe
Living in Texas I’d say that Tex-Mex recipes are my specialty. I have taught myself over the almost 15 years I’ve lived here how to add spice, flavor and that tex-mex flare using fresh real ingredients. And THAT is something I’m very proud of.
This Pico de Gallo Recipe is my go to recipe for a fresh salsa. It’s easy with only 6 ingredients, comes together fast and infused with fresh flavor that you won’t be able to get enough of. I’m warning you now, just make a double batch and keep it in the refrigerator, it gets better as it sits.
What is Pico de Gallo?
Pico de Gallo is a very popular Mexican salsa made with a handful of fresh raw ingredients. It’s also known as “Salsa Fresca” or “Fresh Tomato Salsa.” Typically it’s made with equal parts of tomatoes and onion and mixed with fresh cilantro, a generous squeeze of lime juice and salt. In the states we started adding jalapeno for a spicy kick. However, you can leave it out for a milder salsa recipe.
What’s the difference between pico de gallo and salsa?
Pico de gallo shares the same basic ingredients as arestaurant style salsa roja, but the preparation methods are different.
Restaurant Salsas will use roasted or stewed tomatoes as the base and will typically be blended or pureed for a smooth appearance and texture. Pico de gallo always uses fresh RAW ingredients that are diced small leaving you with a chunky fresh salsa.
Pico de Gallo成分：
- 番茄– I like to use roma tomatoes because I like the firmer texture. Remove seeds and membranes to ensure you don’t have a “watery” salsa. Other tomatoes to use would be vine ripe tomatoes or grape tomatoes.
- Onion– Most recipes call for yellow onion, however I use red onion. I like the sweetness from the red onion and also like the pop of color.
- 辣椒– Not necessary, but if you like to add a little spice or heat to your salsa, fresh diced jalapeños will do just that.
- 香菜- 这些新鲜的草药甚至更加照亮了盘子，是一个正宗的墨西哥辣调味品。
- Lime– Just the juice is perfect and adds a nice zesty flavor to your salsa.
- Garlic– Garlic in my mind just takes this pico over the top, you don’t need much but the amount that you do use adds so much flavor.
- Salt- 经常跳过的重要调味料。别忘了盐来带出你新鲜食材的天然味道！
Pico is subject to the person making it. You can easily adjust this quantity to suit your preferences; add more tomatoes for sweetness or jalapeño peppers for a fiery hot salsa.
How to Make Pico de Gallo
该re’s no cooking involved for fresh pico de gallo. Just dice, toss and serve. I find that letting the salsa sit for a while lets the flavor infuse and creates a more flavorful salsa.
- 精细骰子成分：越小越好得到每一个我ngredient in every bite.
- Toss Salsa:Add diced tomatoes, diced red onion, diced jalapeño, minced garlic clove, chopped cilantro and lime juice to a bowl.
- Season, Season, Season:该most forgotten step is seasoning your pico de gallo with salt. This is the flavor burst you’re missing. Don’t forget the salt. Season to salt and serve with tortilla chips!
How to Store Homemade Pico De Gallo
If your pico de gallo is sealed in an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator it will keep for up to a week. Like I said earlier, the flavors actually get better the longer they sit, so making it a day ahead of time is perfect!
This fresh salsa is good on it’s own but adding or substituting ingredients to change up the flavor is always fun and delicious! Here are some of my favorite variations on fresh salsa.
- Bell Peppers
- Avocado Salsa
- Mango Salsa
- Peach Salsa
- Fresh Herbs – adding mint or oregano for different flavor options.
- Smoked Chipotle Peppers
Favorite ways to Serve Pico de Gallo:
Fresh Salsa is so versatile. It is great as an appetizer with chips or can be served on top of different items like tacos, eggs, enchiladas, breakfast burritos, salads, nachos or fajitas. It’s really the ultimate condiment out there and I use it as that! Consider using this homemade pico de gallo recipe on top of the following recipes:
- Best Ever Marinated Carne Asada Tacos
- 20 Minute BBQ Chicken Tacos
- Steak Fajita Burrito Bowl
- 碎牛肉Enchilada Zucchini小船
- 该Ultimate Easy Beef Enchilada Recipe
- Epic Baja Fish Tacos with Avocado Crema
- Ground Turkey Tacos in Lettuce Wrap
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Zucchini Boats
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
An easy Homemade Pico de Gallo Recipe made with simple fresh ingredients for a delicious, addicting fresh tomato salsa that has a spicy kick to it. Learn all my tricks for an authentic pico de gallo guaranteed to be a crowd favorite!
- 1/2 cupof red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cupof fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1jalapeno, de-seeded and diced
- juice of1lime
- salt to season
- To a bowl add diced tomatoes, diced red onion, diced jalapeño, minced garlic clove, chopped cilantro and lime juice. Toss to combine.
- Season to taste with salt. Serve immediately or for better results let sit for at least one hour before serving.
关键词：fresh pico de gallo, pico de gallo recipe, homemade pico de gallo, fresh salsa, fresh tomato salsa, how to make pico de gallo, salsa fresca